Shipping and Return Policies
Free shipping on orders over $200 within Canada on all in stock items.
Canada Post or UPS are used for all shipping from On The Bit Tack and Apparel. During the checkout process on this website, shipping will be calculated based on the weight of the order and the destination. You will be aware of the shipping costs prior to choosing a payment methods.
We ship throughout Canada and the United States.
We typically place LeMieux and Acavallo orders once a month. We work with you to acquire the products you need to keep your horse happy in their work. Contact us, we are here to help.
We require a 50% deposit on all custom orders.
Refunds are not accepted on custom orders.
Returns and Refund Policy
- Additional non-returnable items:
Gift cards are non-returnable and all sale items are final sale. Please measure before you buy.
- To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
- Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund based on the condition of the item. As long as the item is unused (no dirt or hair) and in original condition with tags the refund will be approved.
- If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
- If you wish for an exchange, shipping will be the responsibility of the buyer regardless of purchase price (free shipping does not apply to the second shipment of the exchanged item).
- If the item is returned missing tags or packaging or needs to be cleaned an additional 10% restocking fee will be charged to cover the cleaning of the item.
- If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
- Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
- Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
- If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
- Christmas policy supersedes the above policy. If you purchase a gift for Christmas we will accept returns in original packaging with tags and in same condition that you received it within 10 days after Christmas.
- If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to the gift receiver, they will be offered an exchange once the returned item is received in original condition with tags within 10 days of receiving the item.
- If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver.
- Refunds are not granted on custom orders under any circumstances. If you request an item that is not regularly stocked it is considered a custom order. Deposits are non-refundable. Our typical deposit on custom orders is 50% of retail price.